Tuscan White Beans – This simple side dish can be ready in less than 10 minutes. Perfect for those meals where other parts of the dinner are slightly more complex.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1 teaspoon for cooking and 1 teaspoon for drizzling when serving)
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 plum tomato, chopped (This is optional, mostly for color)
- 1 sprig of fresh Rosemary (not dry), removed from stem and coarsely chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat
- Add the smashed garlic and red pepper flakes, cook 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomato (if using) and fresh chopped rosemary and cook 2 minutes.
- Add drained & rinsed cannellini beans and cook, 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth as needed as the beans cook, so beans are not dried out and sticking to the skillet. (Chicken Broth adds a depth of flavor and salt)
- Broth should be partially absorbed by the beans as it cooks down.
- Season with salt (if needed).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan (optional) and drizzle with olive oil.