As summer approaches, we tend to break out the grill, and cook big hunks of meat, chicken and seafood. Although grilling for some is a year-round experience, summer is unofficially the start of Grilling Season.
Most men are much more comfortable working in front of a hot grill, rather than a hot stove. Here is a quick & easy Grilled Salmon recipe, that won’t take a lot of time and will be pleasing to your guests.
- 1 (one) salmon filet for each person. (I prefer salmon fillets rather than salmon steaks, because there are few if any bones in the filet). Leave the skin on while grilling. It will be easy to peel off after it has been cooked.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Chili Powder, any flavor
- Season the salmon with salt & pepper. (Always season whatever you are going to grill)
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mustard with the honey and chili powder. Set aside, along with a basting brush.
- Pre heat your grill, med high
- If you wish, you can lightly oil grill grate. (optional)
- Before placing salmon on the grill, use your basting brush to put the honey mustard glaze on the fish side.
- Place salmon on the preheated grill, fish side on grill first, at a 45 degree angle to the grill grate.
- Turn the fish over with skin side down on the grill.
- Cook the skin side about 2-3 minutes, then turn the fish back over to the other side (skin side up), which gives you the opportunity to gently pull the skin off of the salmon with a pair of tongs.
- Baste liberally, both front and back, to impart the flavor of the glaze
- The fish should flake easily with a fork when fully cooked. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side overall.
Easy prep, easy grill, delicious result. Enjoy!